more advice needed .. which monitor?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iBilal, Oct 20, 2016.

1. iBilal macrumors regular

iBilal

so along with the MacBook, I want to get an external display/monitor for times when I need a larger screen ..

my priority : a) brightness .. b) the higher the resolution, the better ..

can you guys suggest a good LED display? .. my budget for the LED display is 500 dollars ..

thanks again, guys .. you all are the best .. and have always been incredibly helpful in the past ..

Bilal

2. Eggtastic macrumors 6502a

Eggtastic

Dell seems to have decent monitors for reasonable prices. If you go to their website, they have a map to select what your needs are in a monitor (work, home, gaming, etc.) and other choices to narrow down by your needs. The only ones that seem to break your budget are the widescreen ones / 4k. If you don't care about those you should be able to snag one for under your budget.

Go to the picture gallery, then click "My mac set up past/present". Some people are running a laptop / external screen set up and I see a lot of dells.

3. iBilal thread starter macrumors regular

iBilal

will have a look at Dell .. thank-you for taking out the time to reply .. :)

4. Precursor macrumors 6502a

Precursor

Been using Dell U2715H at 1440p@60Hz with an HDMI cable only, using the same monitor on my PC as well.
    Would like to get an LG 27UD88 (or 34UC99) but sadly they're tad expensive and little hard to find