More Affordable Vaja Case Replacement!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dannyar, Dec 9, 2008.

1. dannyar macrumors 6502

2. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

Hey this case looks pretty nice. I may just order it! thanks for the post. This case almost looks like the vaja "black and red"

I wonder how the quality of this case is.

3. ratbatblue macrumors 6502

From their "Our Policy" section:

Returns
    Opened and Used item will not be qualified for acceptance of return.

Exchanges
    Opened and used item will not be qualified for acceptance of exchange.

Replacement warranty is valid for 30 days from the purchase, will be replaced with same item.

This would be a deal breaker for me, if they stick to the letter of the law. I sent them an email to ask about it. I'll post their reply.

4. ratbatblue macrumors 6502

And here is SGP's reply to my email:

Thank you for contacting SGP Customer Service.

We do try to keep our process as our policy and regulation, and for those items for return/exchange must be in unused condition to be qualified.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again for any comments or questions.

United SGP Corp.

I realize I should simply have edited my original post to include SGP's reply. Before y'all turn up the flames, mea culpa.

5. larapumkin macrumors regular

i got a red one to match up with my red metal sticker..
    i like vaja's design better but couldn't spend that much and i don't like to wait long time to get my purchase:eek:
    this case looks alite i like the color but i think im more comfortable with click one type or slider cases which does not cover the front screen..
    well i might get used to it...trying out yet:p

Attached Files:

6. dannyar thread starter macrumors 6502

does it go in and out of the case easily? i plan on using it as a case where i take it in and out when i need to use it and not keep it in the case when using.

7. larapumkin macrumors regular

it gets in easily but you need to pull out sides a bit to take it off...
    good that it would not fall out easily, not so handy if you change case often.
    im a bit lazy i just keep this one on when i charge

8. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I wish i didn't see this thread. I want to get one of these.

9. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Does it add a lot of bulk?

10. larapumkin macrumors regular

it is not that bulky i think it's like about 1/16" thin
    not so thin as those cases such as air jacket

11. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Sounds nice. thanks.:)

12. bwortman macrumors member

bwortman

I am right there with you! Of course I have turned into somewhat of a case junky since getting my 3G and watching so many reviews on Youtube.

13. ChiliBlue macrumors 6502

Thanks for posting the pictures! I like your metal sticker a well. Do you have a problem with dirt building up in the corners?

14. bwortman macrumors member

bwortman

Anyone have any input on this case? Quality, etc?

15. Peterg2 macrumors 6502a

The case looks very nice and so do the Vaja and the Sena equivalents.

I was pondering something like the Sena dockable for example which also has this "flap" and was thinking how I would look using it (not that I am vain or anything). I felt I might look ridiculous with the flap hanging down.

16. OrangeDog macrumors 6502

Are there any parts of the iPhone left exposed in the case of a drop?

Lots of cases look and feel great but for some stupid reason they seem to leave one or more corners totally exposed to damage from a dropped iphone.

It looks like a nice case.

17. OrangeDog macrumors 6502

Man I'm developing OCD because of cases for iPhones!!!!

I'm looking for the PERFECT case........damn it's been a long and expensive journey so far and one that hasn't ended.

18. bwortman macrumors member

bwortman

I feel your pain...TRUST ME

19. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

I wonder if someone can take pictures of this case versus the vaja case just to get an idea of the thickness... or maybe post pictures of this case in comparison to other cases, like the incase slider or seidio innocase II

20. larapumkin macrumors regular

that would be such a nice review if someone upload picture comparing this with vaja, but if i got a vaja already i would probably not get this one unless i lose vaja case or it's destroyed or somthing..:eek:

21. larapumkin macrumors regular

Not so far..only been a few days. But this one doesn't seems to collect dirt on the corners tho

One i got is immitation leather..they have case with genuin leather but i got this cuz this was cheaper and i liked the color with drawing on the top..

it does not cover corners perfectly but phone is inside of the case so i don't think it would hurt incase of drop..
    Oh, but maybe the left side..volume controlling part is exposed

22. kicko macrumors 65816

how about talking with the flap in your face? I'm not saying it gets in the way of your mouth but if you move you heard around does it bother you? or can you flip it behind and hold it in place easily? i think if it flipped from the top it would be held away easier.

Can you take a lower face pic to show exactly how it falls from the face.

23. larapumkin macrumors regular

lower face :$ let me think about it for a while:p

24. descartes macrumors 6502

nice case. I like the vaja but they are so expensive. hvr, they seem to outlast the equipment they protect.

25. dannyar thread starter macrumors 6502

Just recieved my black leather sgp like i posted on the first post. Recieved it within 2 days of ordering and let me tell you, its grade A quality. I opted for the real leather one posted above for 35. Leather smells great out of the box and has a great feel to it. Very thin case adds minimal bulk just like the seidio innocase that i have as well. The inner red lining of the case is also very well crafted, The flap folds very nicely underneath to be able to hold the phone while talking without a hitch. im very impressed with this case and would recommend it over the vaja anyday considering its 1/3 the price. If your on the fence, jump on it. I dont know how vaja can get away with charging what they do for these cases while you can grab a steal like this without a sacrifice in quality. Ill have pictures up by later tonight while my camera charges.