More airplay display issues

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by mentalcase, Sep 5, 2013.

1. mentalcase macrumors member

I recently bought an AppleTV and was bummed to learn that the airplay functionality was broken in DP6. Well it seemed to be working in DP7 until I tried to test my sunday ticket in anticipation for this weekend.

While in fullscreen mode if my active window is Safari the video is fullscreen. But once I attempt to multitask and click on another window or back to my macbooks desktop the video get chopped off by grey bars. I attached a picture.

Anyone have a clue what's going on or if there is a fix? I'm thinking it's just another bug.

Attached Files:

2. yaddam205 macrumors member

I had the exact same problem until I played around with it.

Close your browser before you activate Airplay. Then relaunch your browser once it's working.

Cheers,

3. Krazy Bill, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013

Krazy Bill macrumors 68030

Krazy Bill

I have actually seen this "cropping" watching youtube on an external monitor connected to the mac via cable. I don't think it has anything to do with AirPlay. (DP7)

Trying to replicate it so I can file a report.

4. yaddam205 macrumors member

You're correct. It has nothing to do with AirPlay. When you launch the browser it automatically detects the screen resolution you opened it on. If you change screens with a different resolution Flash is unable to detect the new resolution until it's re-launched on the new screen.

Hope this helps.

5. mentalcase thread starter macrumors member

It worked with youtube, but I'm still having issues with sunday ticket. As soon as I try to multitask it crops the video.

6. mentalcase thread starter macrumors member

So unfortunately preview 8 did not fix this issue.

Any one else have a work around?

7. ImacOP macrumors newbie

Same exact issue here, bump for info. Sunday ticket seems to be the culprit, but there has to be a workaround. For now, i don't use full screen, i just zoom into the picture, which is really annoying. I found if I use a 3rd screen, i can multitask on the 2 external screens without the nfl sunday ticket window being covered by the black bars, but when i use the laptops internal screen the bars appear (although they disappear on their own when I reselect a window on either of the external screens, only when using 2+ external monitors, when using just one, i must exit and re-enter fullscreen to make the bars go away once they have appeared). Definitely a glitch that needs to be fixed, kills the multi tasking experience...:confused: