more app space help?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by arcadehj2000, Jan 26, 2008.

1. arcadehj2000 macrumors newbie

so ive been going around looking at some of the guides on how to move the applications folder to the media drive. however, none of them have been working for me. whenever i try to do something, it always denies me access or it wipes out my whole springboard. i know almost nothing about how to use terminals and would prefer to use cyberduck to change folder names and move things around manually without having to type a bunch of codes. i also dont have access to a windows machine so putty isnt an option. thanks to those who are able to help!

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

right first of all make sure you have community sources installed then go to all packages and find boss tools in their theres an option to move applications folder press that and it will do it all for you automatically

3. arcadehj2000 thread starter macrumors newbie

oh wow thanks for the quick reply. i think that it worked. i now have 43 mb free out of 300 mb. does that seem about right?

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

if you had less before it then yeh it worked lol easiest way to test it is by just installing a few big sized apps as a test and if the 40mb stays the same its deffinately worked