Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoodWatch

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Now rumors about an Apple PDA are emerging, do you think Apple will or must venture into other fields of endeavor? A multi-media TV, powered by OS X? Or will that somewhat dilute Apple’s unique position in the industry? An Apple digital camera perhaps? ;)

ivi7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
Thats strange I had the same thought about Apple coming out with a digital camera

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Now rumors about an Apple PDA are emerging, do you think Apple will or must venture into other fields of endeavor? A multi-media TV, powered by OS X? Or will that somewhat dilute Apple’s unique position in the industry? An Apple digital camera perhaps? ;)

I think it's fairly certain that Apple will continue to branch out, but more carefully now than before. Mistakes in marketing and implementation will be avoided, and more emphasis will be placed on press coverage and media buzz. Heck, if you ask me, the iPod touch is basically Apple's revenge on the death of the Newton.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.