More AT&T/Apple 30 Day Return Nonsense

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pepe8714, Jul 23, 2008.

1. pepe8714 macrumors newbie

Just a heads up out there....

If anyone is having issues with their iphone3g and goes to get a replacement unit from the apple store, they are not eligible to return the device back to AT&T within 30 days.

So, if your phone has issues, I'd recommend returning it before even going to get it checked out, and then just purchasing a new one (if you can find one).

Way to blow it again, guys.

2. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

wait, what?

I haven't even had my phone for a week. I have an appointment at apple tomorrow concerning dead pixels...are you telling me I can't return/exchange it?

3. tobyg macrumors 6502a

I think what he's saying is if you bought your phone from AT&T and then go to Apple and Apple swaps it out, you can no longer return it to AT&T. What you should do instead is return the phone outright to AT&T and then buy new. Makes sense. I'm sure it's a paperwork nightmare trying to return a phone to AT&T that doesn't match any of the paperwork when you bought it. The replacement phone from Apple would have a new serial, IEMI, etc.. It wouldn't match your receipt.

So if you bought your phone from AT&T and are having a problem and also are within your 30 day return window and think you may want to not keep the phone and return it, don't swap it out at Apple and just return it back to AT&T. Otherwise, you will probably not be able to return the phone to AT&T if Apple swaps it.

4. Deadman64 macrumors 6502a

I'm defiantly keeping my iPhone, be it the one with a dead pixel or a new one I exchange. So this doesn't apply to me right?