More bloody ebay scams

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dave12345, Dec 6, 2008.

1. dave12345 macrumors regular

Hey - I sold an item on ebay 2 weeks ago - it was only a hard drive enclosure for £10 so not too much to worry about - I sent it royal mail 1st class so there was no tracking and the buyer didn't have to sign for it. 2 weeks later and I get a paypal compliant from the buyer claiming that he never received the item and he wants a refund :mad: I checked his feedback and it seems that he's left about 5 negative feedbacks in the last 6 months because he never received the items he won. Is the postman in his area loosing mail or is this a scam ?

Its given me an idea though - I'm going to buy loads of stuff off ebay that ships using a postal service that doesn't have tracking and just claim I never received it - At least to get my £10 back ! :eek:

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Keep watch, if he resells the items, buy it and do the same thing to him. ;)

3. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

Why didn't you check his feedback before you shipped the item? And, to take it one step further, you can specify that the buyer must have a certain feedback rating before you sell to him. I think you should re-evaluate your selling practices to better protect yourself.

4. dave12345 thread starter macrumors regular

the guy has 100% feedback (at least since ebay has changed how your feedback score is displayed:mad: he has bad feedback from a few years ago and has left alot of bad feedback) I will send using a signed for service from now on. It just seems stupid to charge £6 for postage on an item that is only £10

5. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Do you have a way to track any packages you send? I always send it with a tracking number. I charge the buyer a little more just to make sure it covers the cost of shipping.