More Bootcamp/Fusion Questions: XP/Vista/Mac OS X??

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by firstapple, Feb 10, 2008.

1. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

OK... Here is my next round of questions... and hopefully the last ones as you all have been extremely great and answered everything today! I now have Fusion trial installed with XP Pro. Everything is great there...

Now, my next question is this: When I installed XP a few weeks ago using bootcamp, I partitioned off 32GB. I am never going to use this much space in XP so I was thinking of installing Vista as well to take up some of the wasted space I now have set off to the side for Windows. Can I use part of what I partitioned off from my XP installation for Vista? I was thinking maybe there was a way I could just keep 8-10GB for XP and the rest of the partition for Vista???

If I were to do this (if this can be done), would I use bootcamp to install Vista or Fusion?

Any and all help pertaining to this would be great, or if there are already threads out there I can just read those. I just don't to have to partition off more of my HD if I don't have to. I only have a 160GB HD and I don't want to waste too much space with Windows so I was hoping I could simply use space I have already set to the side for windows...

2. firstapple thread starter macrumors 6502a

firstapple

I did some research on the forums here and discovered a thread that possibly answers my question... Something about Bootcamp cannot set up more then one partition? Unless I wanted to reinstall Leopard etc... Which is not an option for me. If this is the case I will just be happy with my XP/Mac OS X.

However, if it is possible for me to install Vista over part of the HD space I partitioned for XP please let me know!

3. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

No dont think so as you cant instal vista on top of xp so would have to make
    another partition