More British Members: I am Going To London

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by carfac, Feb 18, 2008.

1. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

Hi:

First, yes, I guess that is a bit of a warning...

But really, I want to get a Pay-As-You-Go card while I am there, I guess, to put into my Unlocked iPhone. Whose card should I buy while I am there?

2. nazuk macrumors 6502

nazuk

Buy anyone, except 3. As in, do not buy www.three.co.uk

Rubbish network coverage, and customer service in India.

Avoid - you have been warned.

Do not pay any more than £10 for a Sim Card - you can get them as cheap as £2 and in some cases free, if you had a British address.

Don't go into the main branded shops, try and go to independent/small Mobile Phone retailers. Buy your Sim there. Plus you will get better informed advice.

3. carfac thread starter macrumors 65816

carfac

Thank you- I HAVE been warned- and I appreciate the warning!

4. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

A Three SIM wont work in an iPhone anyway, given that Three is a 3G network and the iPhone is only 2G.

Vodafone are always a good bet, they've got the best coverage generally speaking. Or, you could go with O2 - the iPhone's native home in the UK - they give away a lot of free SIM cards so you can normally pick them up dirt cheap.

5. raymanster macrumors regular

raymanster

you could try Tesco mobile. Tesco are a supermarket chain, you can get a SIM only for £1 or maybe even free now. They actually use the O2 network.

6. Dave B macrumors member

I have a Pay as you Go 02 sim in mine as it seems pretty good. For £10 a month I get the £10 in calls and 300 texts for FREE.

Dave

7. carfac thread starter macrumors 65816

carfac

Sweet- I have some choices. Thanks- I will be totally lost when I get there!

My wife was messing with my iPhone last night. I bookmarked our hotel in Google Maps. She made it do out a route from that bookmark to Harrods. Should I be worried? :eek:

8. snapper07 macrumors 6502