More British people use macs!?

yoyo5280

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 24, 2007
Melbourne, Australia & Bay Area
It is just what I noticed when I moved from the US to Japan (all my friends are British ex-pats now :)). So many of them are macusers. Like, really apple loving mac users.They even have .Mac!! It was not like this is the US. None of my friends used macs.

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2005
I have not noticed that at all, i go to England 2-3 times a year and i have not seen many people with macs. I always thought the Brits are more of a windows country (if you know what i mean), maybe its because were i have been unlucky.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'd say around 30% of people where I live are Mac users. The student population helps, everyone had an iBook/PowerBook/MacBook at college and university. Relations are starting to buy them because of lack of viruses. Neighbours are getting them too.

This is all in the past few years mind. Before I got my first Mac I never spotted one in the wild! Maybe it's one of them things you don't see until you start looking?

OMG a pink car!

zedLondon

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2007
London
I regularly see one or two powerbooks/macbookpros/macbooks/ibooks at my local.

And there are normally a few at the coffee shops/cafes etc in the area.

gavd

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2006
I'm from the UK and I sometimes see 2 or 3 people with an Apple laptop if I'm in my local library, and I know 4 friends / acquaintances who have a Mac, but not too many people.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
at my university there aren't many mac users (i know 12 including myself and my housemate who i converted) but at my gfs university there were only 2 windows users out of about 90 people that we knew. depends on the situation.