More British people use macs!?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by yoyo5280, Jul 11, 2007.

1. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

It is just what I noticed when I moved from the US to Japan (all my friends are British ex-pats now :)). So many of them are macusers. Like, really apple loving mac users.They even have .Mac!! It was not like this is the US. None of my friends used macs.

2. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

I have not noticed that at all, i go to England 2-3 times a year and i have not seen many people with macs. I always thought the Brits are more of a windows country (if you know what i mean), maybe its because were i have been unlucky.

3. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'd say around 30% of people where I live are Mac users. The student population helps, everyone had an iBook/PowerBook/MacBook at college and university. Relations are starting to buy them because of lack of viruses. Neighbours are getting them too.

This is all in the past few years mind. Before I got my first Mac I never spotted one in the wild! Maybe it's one of them things you don't see until you start looking?

OMG a pink car!

4. zedLondon macrumors member

I regularly see one or two powerbooks/macbookpros/macbooks/ibooks at my local.

And there are normally a few at the coffee shops/cafes etc in the area.

5. gavd macrumors 6502a

I'm from the UK and I sometimes see 2 or 3 people with an Apple laptop if I'm in my local library, and I know 4 friends / acquaintances who have a Mac, but not too many people.

6. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

at my university there aren't many mac users (i know 12 including myself and my housemate who i converted) but at my gfs university there were only 2 windows users out of about 90 people that we knew. depends on the situation.