Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AuroraProject

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Right there
So these arrived today, I spent $12 at the at&t website and bought 3 cases. I'm heading out for a bit, but I'll do some mini reviews this evening. I am not surprised to see the Speck is an older revision with the keyhole camera cutout.

5419913336_792b69d9cc.jpg

NWI73

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2010
I looked at the beetle cases at the att store today and I can honestly say they look SO crappy and cheaply made. I thought it might be good to have for $5 but it's not even worth $1. JMO.

weisjt

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2010
Southern Pines, North Carolina
I looked at the beetle cases at the att store today and I can honestly say they look SO crappy and cheaply made. I thought it might be good to have for $5 but it's not even worth $1. JMO.

i agree when the five dollar cases came out i went and checked em out and i had to pass on them cause they look cheap and the camera cut out was weird.

techdude6693

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2010
Irvine, CA

It feels cheaply made.. Funny thing happened to me though. I ordered it, but cancelled the order an hour or so later. Next morning I got an email for a shipping notification and It came yesterday.. My card wasn't even charged..

AuroraProject

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Right there
It feels cheaply made.. Funny thing happened to me though. I ordered it, but cancelled the order an hour or so later. Next morning I got an email for a shipping notification and It came yesterday.. My card wasn't even charged..

You got lucky, I'm stuck with two of these things now. I'm sure I can return them to an at&t store, but I may just eBay them. Although there is a TON of them on eBay right now, everybody had the same idea I guess!

techdude6693

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2010
Irvine, CA
You got lucky, I'm stuck with two of these things now. I'm sure I can return them to an at&t store, but I may just eBay them. Although there is a TON of them on eBay right now, everybody had the same idea I guess!

Just return them.. I 4 of the $5 Cases - Beetle, Fitted, Body Glove, and Ventev

-Fitted - Nice case except for the keyhole cutout
-Body Glove - Really Nice Slider
-Ventev - POS
-Beetle - an even bigger POS

AuroraProject

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 19, 2008
Right there
Just return them.. I 4 of the $5 Cases - Beetle, Fitted, Body Glove, and Ventev

-Fitted - Nice case except for the keyhole cutout
-Body Glove - Really Nice Slider
-Ventev - POS
-Beetle - an even bigger POS

Dude the Ventev looks like an enormous pos in the picture, what made you pick that up?

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2010
Sorry to say the 30 + dollar 3gs specks with the patterns are very cheaply made. I really don't know why, but it just feels like a 4 year old glued and put everything together. Hopefully you have better luck.

techdude6693

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2010
Irvine, CA
Sorry to say the 30 + dollar 3gs specks with the patterns are very cheaply made. I really don't know why, but it just feels like a 4 year old glued and put everything together. Hopefully you have better luck.

The 3GS ones were a bit iffy. The 4 ones are fine, probably cause the surface they're putting the fabric on is flat and not rounded

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2010
Yeah, I think for the most part iphone 4 has a better shape for cases in my opinion. regardless of shape though the quality and materials used were still pretty horrendeous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.