More colors for the iphone coming? Titanium, Graphite??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by elan123, May 10, 2011.

1. elan123 macrumors 6502

Someone at a local bestbuy was talking to another associate and I heard him speaking of a couple new iphone colors coming.

Anyone heard such a thing? I don't know if he was just being a dummy or what, just what I heard.

??

2. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

I only have to ask what makes you believe a hourly employee at Best Buy would have internal secret information from Apple on a product that hasn't even been acknowledged yet?

I'm not trying to be mean or sarcastic. Just need to realize that some people talk through their butt holes while trying to sound intelligent. However they only end up looking like the horses butt themselves.

Until you hear it directly from Apple, just ignore it and take it with a grain of salt.

3. The Californian, May 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2011

The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

In reference to your post, no. Best Buy employees would know nothing about this.

4. MagnusF macrumors regular

Do you really think that someone from your local bestbuy would know anything about a upcoming product from apple that is kept secret from everyone?

5. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

There is various colours available for your iphone 4. Obviously unofficial but they are just as good as the oem parts if you find a good seller.

6. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I just consulted with a Target employee and they said this would not be the case.

/s

7. elan123 thread starter macrumors 6502

This is what I meant, where can I get these? I want real titanium to replace the plastic. :)

8. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

The Radio Shack employee I spoke with said otherwise. He even provided me with proof.

[​IMG]

9. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

arent those concept images from ages ago?

however, i would love to see Apple do this, i dont know why they dont? black and white is cool and all, but id love to see a deep red or a nice blue.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. There is no way a local Best Buy sales drone would have that kind of information.

11. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Lies. My local T-Mobile store told me that there would be new colors. Pink in particular.

12. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I'm not sure about titanium buddy but here is a thread I made about different colour glass backs that I bought from eBay :)

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1147531

13. KingCrimson macrumors 65816

Why not? You can get the iPod Nano in a full range of colors.

14. appleguy123 macrumors 603

appleguy123

+1 I'd have trouble choosing between a PRODUCT(Red) iPhone 4 and a deep blue one. I also want a red bumper for my black phone.

15. mark381 macrumors newbie

They have enough trouble just making them in black and white. Can you imagine if they tried to do 5-6 colors? Everyone in China would be working 24 hours a day doing nothing but iPhone testing and building.

16. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

Do I think they'd know more about what's coming to their store than I do? Yep. Not that I give that much weight, but the rumors they get are probably better than the rumors I get.

17. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Either they were simply talking about case colors, or they were repeating rumors.

18. Surely Guest

Surely

I ordered this one from here (http://www.sw-box.com/Silicone-And-Plastic-Assembly-Bumper-For-Iphone-4-Red-Black-.html), and am happy with it:
    Silicone and Plastic Assembly Bumper Frame Skin Cover for iPhone 4 (Red  Black)220-a.jpg

I've ordered from them twice......shipping takes a bit of time (from Hong Kong), but the bumpers have held up well over the past 4-6 months that I've been using them.

19. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

95% of Best Buy employees are idiots. Anyone who also shops at Best Buy will guarantee McDonalds grade customer service.

I'm going to my local Walmart store tomorrow and check to see if they have a titanium iPhone 4 :D

20. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Have that same one but it broked on me after a couple months. The Black/Transparent one I got has held up for quite some time though.

DealExtreme also has red bumpers too. They sell knock off versions of the SGP Neo Hybrid EX, Pinlo BladEdge and one other funky looking one.

21. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

LOL at the Drone coment. That's exactly like those guys behave, sometimes they seem like sales drones instead of human. :D

22. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Are they comparable in materials used to the OEM bumpers? I've seen those on ebay and elsewhere and LOVED the variety of colors available, but you can never really tell what they're made of because half of the companies seem to use the terms "TPU", "silicone", and "plastic" interchangeably.

23. Surely Guest

Surely

I'll check those out, thanks. :cool:

I'd say that they're exactly the same except for one difference: the buttons are plastic (the Apple bumpers have metal buttons), and are painted to look like metal. I'm a very picky person, but the buttons are close/good enough for me. Some people have had issues with the buttons falling off, but apparently a drop of Crazy glue fixed them up. The two bumpers that I bought, and have been using, haven't had any issues.

[​IMG]

Here's a thread with some pictures: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1049233

That site also sells great quality, inexpensive screen protectors. I've been using a front and back with the bumper for full protection.

24. Internal Fury macrumors 6502

25. patent10021 macrumors 68020

patent10021

The guy at KFC here in Japan said that there would be some new designs in the shape of chicken legs and thighs. I'll believe it when I see it.