More confirmation on an Apple Tablet?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Virtuo, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Virtuo macrumors member

2. drummerlondonw3 macrumors 6502a

drummerlondonw3

looks good to me, I really cant see this being anything other (or less than) a brilliant media interface with limited app support

i think total and tight integration will be the key, especially when it starts to tie in with home apps for lighting, heating cameras etc

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

As much as the pics show a keyboard-less Apple Tablet, the thing does look heavy/bulky, with no stand in sight; should we be looking forward to a BT keyboard or one of those virtual keyboards where it is projected on the desk or a touchscreen hunt-and-pick typing sort of keyboard? :eek:

4. Virtuo thread starter macrumors member

I believe that illustration is part of a patent that Apple had filed some time ago. I wouldn't draw many conclusions from that illustration, aside from it being a medium-sized handheld computing device. :)

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

^^^ Gawd, you put it that way and you just described a medium-size iPhone....lol :p

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

tablet isn't new, I can hardly see this as a worthy market. There just aren't large user base for this type. Doesn't do much compare to full featured laptop, doesn't really fit in more places than a laptop, not really effectively in sophisticated works.

Not to mention it is said to come with a price tag of $700-$800. Yeah, there will be people buying it, just not sure if its a sound business decision.

for the form factor, here is so called crunchpad, which supposedly will come in Sept. with a price tag of about $200
    [​IMG]