More emac problems

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Kareshnaka, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Kareshnaka macrumors newbie

Kareshnaka

(this message will have mistypen words since I am using a psp to post it.) Hello people, I need some more help on my emac. The first thing I want to say is this emac was abused. I found this on the street when it was very cold and wet. so I took it home and it actually worked fine until a week ago. the hard drive data was corrupted. so the first thing I did was burn a cd of linux debian. I put it in and... nothing happened. I later found out that burn the intel version. (more on the reply under)

2. raysfan81 macrumors 6502a

raysfan81

Just a question why are you trying to put Debian on it? All you need is a emac restore disk for your model (OSX Tiger) and at least another 256mb of ram and it would run fine unless there are hardware problems that you didn't mention. I would check eBay for the restore disks because they seem to show up on there pretty regularly. Good luck.

3. Kareshnaka thread starter macrumors newbie

Kareshnaka

ok, sorry i didn't post this erlier. I am trying to install any free oses because I have no money and my combo drive is busted. so I am trying to boot an os from a flash drive. is it possible to do that?

4. raysfan81 macrumors 6502a

raysfan81

Hmmm. I'm not sure about booting from a flash drive but I did find a list of Linux flavors that are PPC compatible.
    http://penguinppc.org/about/distributions.php

I think I remember hearing about someone using yellow dog on an eMac but I can't remember. I'll let you know if i find out more.