More email accounts in Mail.app - SMTP confusion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by steinramm, Jul 14, 2009.

1. steinramm macrumors member

Hi,

I have about 15 email account.

Some of them are Gmail, some of them are from my company using Google Apps, some of them belongs to domains of our other websites.

Since Google apps uses same SMTP as Gmail, there is a confusion between SMTP's.

If i made just one SMTP (smtp.gmail.com) and assign it to more accounts, they will always receive an emails from same account, doesn't matter from which i'm sending it.

Do I need to create 15 different SMTP's and to each assign just one email or I'm doing something wrong here.

Thanks!

2. steinramm thread starter macrumors member

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I gather that English is not your native language. This makes it difficult to understand the exact nature of your problem.

That said, I understand that you are having difficulty selecting the account you want to send mail. It is not clear why you have 15 email accounts. However, that is not your problem. You should completely setup each account in Mail.

You are not required to use a specific SMTP server with a specific email address. In fact, many email ISPs block access to foreign SMTP servers and allow access to only their own. Other ISPs block access to foreign SMTP servers on Port 25, but allow access to them on Port 587.

Irrespective of whatever account was used to receive a message, you may respond to it using whichever of your 15 accounts. You may select your responding account from the Account: popup menu immediately above the message composition panel.