More emotionally attached to AW than other Apple devices?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Luba, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Luba macrumors 6502a

Luba

I'm not attached to my other Apple devices at all. I like using them and if a new and upgraded one was free I wouldn't hesitate to switch. I think by actually wearing the AW we humans can become emotionally attached?? Hmm, maybe that's not it either, because I can be emotionally attached to a car. And I am not wearing a car. Sometimes I rather have and drive an older car than a "better" more modern car. Just wondering if others are attached to their AW0 to some extent? I hear that mechanical watch wearers are definitely emotionally attached to their watches. I never owned a nice mechanical so I have no experience. Before AW I didn't wear a watch for quite a while. Before that, I had Casio watches. Some of the Casios I had I felt were cool, but I was never attached to them.

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

This reminds me of the episode of strange addictions where the dude made love to his car. That was something.

3. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Apple has cultivated an emotional connection with many of its customers. The fierce way they defend the companies every decision is proof of their attachment. An interesting phenomenon.

4. Luba thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luba

Where does this come from? Apple is not doing us any favors? Buying Apple is not a "value" purchase.

5. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Think Gollum and The One Ring - that's why!

6. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

I had to look that up on YouTube I've only ever seen the one about the guy and inflated animals. That was, well, awkward. I'd never sit in that car. :eek:

----
    I've been sentimental about some Apple product like my first iPod or my AW since it was a surprise gift, but I wouldn't say I was emotionally attached. I'd be sad if I broke it, but not devastated.

7. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

The balloon one is equally great.

8. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

It's the exact opposite for me. I love all my Apple products. I only 'like' my Apple Watch.

9. douglasf13 macrumors 65816

The thing I like about my Apple Watch is that its practicality helps fight my irrational love of mechanical watches, of which I own several.