More Evidence for October 26th Leopard Target Release?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

narco

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2003
California.
Wow, this is awesome. It's close to the 1st which means I'll have money to buy it. Hopefully it doesn't run sluggish on my aging 2.0GHZ Powermac G5. I am a little bummed that they shrunk the boxes since it'll look a little awkward next to all the other OS boxes.

Fishes,
narco.

Thataboy

macrumors regular
Dec 31, 2004
New York, NY
Announce! Up to date!
Announce! Up to date!
Announce! Up to date!
Announce! Up to date!
Announce! Up to date!
pleeeeeease :) I want to buy the iMac nowwwwww <whine>

dderek26

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2007
Boulder, CO
Maybe they're letting you know that Tiger won't ship out until the 26th and then poof, it's gone and you really get Leopard instead!

ChrisA

macrumors G4
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
what this really means is that you can no longer buy Tiger from the Apple on-line store. I think they do not want to have to handle all the returns where people buying Tiger would send it back after the Leopard announcement.

AppleiMac

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2007
Yup, it's coming on the 26th. It totally makes sense, it's on a Friday, etc like they usually do. Here comes Leopard!

joet1029

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2007
Washington, DC
More Evidence for October 26th Leopard Target Release?

I just went to the Apple store and ordered Tiger and the ship date is still within 24 hours of the order date (not october 26th) for whichever distribution center services the Mid-Atlantic States.

dokein

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2006
Darn it! I was planning to finally upgrade to Tiger. Now I have to wait 2 more weeks.

paulyras

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2006
Singapore
I love how they show Al in front of a picture of a hurricane. Because everyone knows global warming causes more, bigger, nastier hurricanes. That's why we've had so many this season and last, just like everyone predicted.
Way to elevate the Leopard release discussion....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.