More evidence of new PPC products....?

bellang

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
First post, so be gentle!

This morning, as per normal on a wed, looked at the Apple refurbished site, which opens normally at 10am, for one day only. Anyway, upon entering, noticed the sign below:

http://a772.g.akamai.net/7/772/8352/90030212/promo.euro.apple.com/promo/refurb/uk/images/stamp_wednesday.gif

and in case the link doesnt work:

"Open every day till 25/06"

This isnt normal and would signify a clearance of some lines? Or do you think they're just clearing the inventory for the end of the Quarter?

I hope its the prior so I can, at last, start using a Mac!

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Interesting! (And welcome! :)) In the US, the refurb section of the store is always open, but they get new products once a week, and don't always have stuff to sell. So naturally we don't have a sign like that. I'd guess, though, that it means they have an unusually large stock of refurbs by coincidence....

EDIT: This is the image you are trying to show, right?

bellang

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
mkrishnan said:
Interesting! (And welcome! :)) In the US, the refurb section of the store is always open, but they get new products once a week, and don't always have stuff to sell. So naturally we don't have a sign like that. I'd guess, though, that it means they have an unusually large stock of refurbs by coincidence....

Yup, thats the one! Havent quite got the hang of links yet!

Maybe the whole thing is just wishful thinking on my behalf....

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
bellang said:
Yup, thats the one! Havent quite got the hang of links yet!
In the reply editor, the yellow icon that looks like a mountain puts images inline. Basically it is an IMG tag and a /IMG tag with the image URL between. :)

crap freakboy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
nar in Gainsborough, me duck
I agree I've never seen the refurb section do this beside just before Christmas, plus another MR member said that he'd ordered the Dual 2.5, yet its still there a few days later. Makes me wonder if they have quite a few of each specification which could signify something.
Sort of discusssed in this thread

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
mkrishnan said:

I don't get that message. Have noitced that the amount of refurb offerings has increased significantly of late.

bellang

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
mkrishnan said:
In the reply editor, the yellow icon that looks like a mountain puts images inline. Basically it is an IMG tag and a /IMG tag with the image URL between. :)
Aha, thanks very much. makes sense now!

Poiboy

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2005
iMac G5 1.8GHz/ 256MB/ 80GB/ SuperDrive/ 56K/ 17-inch - Apple Certified Refurbished
Learn More
• Save 34% off the original price
Original price: $1,499.00
Your price: $999.00

Estimated Ship:
1-2 business days
Free Shipping

from the refurb site
anyone else find that a steal?