More evidence of Video recording/streaming for iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by aznkid25, May 8, 2009.

1. aznkid25 macrumors 6502

For those of you who use twitter, and follow Ashton Kutcher, he "tweeted" that he is using an app where you can record video on the iphone and stream it using ustream.

2. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Ashton jailbreaks his iPhone and uses one of the many programs available to jailborken iPhones.

Beside, he wouldn't get a v3 iPhone early.

3. FearNo1 macrumors 6502a

That sounds pretty nice. Hopefully its true. Looks like there may be lines around the block again for the iphone.

4. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

He kept saying that a Qik streaming app was "coming soon" ages ago. He probably just quotes the dev's wishful thinking.

5. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

My prediction, as well as some light evidence is that the new iPhone, maybe even any iPhone with OS 3.0 will be able to record/upload video:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=694596&highlight=iphone+video+recording

Not to mention the competitors (Andriod) are working on recording and uploading directly to youtube.

From Andriod Central:
    [​IMG]

From the article: "One of the cooler, more 'social' features in the Android 1.5 Cupcake update is the ability to easily share your videos through YouTube. It's really as easy as point, shoot, and upload because you just point your Android phone toward the subject, hit record to record, and then press the share video via YouTube icon to upload." [link]

6. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

It's an interesting feature, not sure how much I would use it. None the less, I'm 99.999999% positive the 3rd iPhone will have this capability.

7. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

Using Twitter : FAIL
    Following Ashton Kutcher : FAIL
    Taking Technology Advice From Asthon Kutcher : FAIL

I think this qualifies for an

[​IMG]

The current iPhone does not support Video recording without jailbreaking. Possibly with the release of OS 3.0, but that software is still in beta.

8. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

I already have Qik for iPhone since months through Cydia and it works great. Qik even have instructions how to get it from there and set it up.

OP fail.

9. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Strange we haven't heard more about the actual hardware at this stage. Anyone else want to know about the darn sensor?

10. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

If I remember correctly Apple made an order for 3.2 and 5mp camera modules

what their use is for is unknown ( new iphone, new ipod tablet, macbook, etc etc )

11. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

That's the thing - beyond a hint at Mp, and possibly being Omnivision - that's been it. What use video recording if it's an awful sensor?

12. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

I doubt Apple would introduce video recording with a sub-par sensor. Otherwise we would already know that the original and the 3G iPhone could do video recording.

Apple has kept the lid closed tightly this year, makes me think something BIG is in store for us.

13. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

Yea, I sure hope so!