more expensive iMac and MacBooks?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by aPple nErd, Jun 6, 2012.

1. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

so the rumored model numbers on the front page suggest a 1345 base iMac????!!!! WTF apple??!! now ill NEVER get an iMac, i know these are just rumors, but no WAY am i paying 150 dolars maore for a fricken "better screen" the screen is good enough!!!!!!!!

2. wiznet macrumors regular

The prices are almost identical. Remember that the currency displayed is Australian dollars. I think it's around .8 of a CAD.. Whatever that is in American I'm not sure - can't check. But yeah, not to worry mate, fooled me the first time too!

3. blacksurfer macrumors regular

Get the Dell iMac clone....hahaha (see thread on here)

4. decoy12643 macrumors newbie

And have the pleasure of talking to someone you can't understand when you call for service.

5. kitsunestudios macrumors regular

Best to compare (Pardon me) apples to apples, since while the exchange rate is about equal, Australian prices are higher than US prices.

Current Base 21" AU$1,399 new price $1,349 (save $50)
    Current Top 21" AU$1,698 new price $1,689 (save $9? Probably a typo on 9to5mac's chart)
    Current Base 27" AU$1,949 new price $1,999 ($50 more)
    Current Top 27" AU$2,299 new price $2,499 ($200 more!)

Those prices may shift depending on the region, but I'd say the difference for the US systems will probably be similar: $50 less for the low end, $200 more for the high end.)

All the MB Airs except the base model are $100 cheaper, the base is the same price. (probably from SSD price drops)

The Macbook Pros are both more expensive than the current 15" models, which might mean those Retina Display 15" models.

Finally the base Mac Pro is the same, and the "Ultimate" is the same price as the server config. The "Best" model could be cheaper or more expensive, depending on whether that's an 8 core or a 12 core model.

So pretty much what I'd expect from a Mac update. I'm very curious what that $200 price bump n the 27" might mean.

6. kuhtang macrumors regular

This is what I'm wondering too. That's a pretty significant chunk of change for the base 27" (which is what I'm after).

7. SpecAU macrumors member

Currency exchange aside, Aussie mac have also been a little more dearer than the US.

And if it comes with an SSD standard Ill pay more money.

8. Sebastian85 macrumors newbie

If the price increase signifies a retina screen, i will be jumping on that baby as my "first apple purchase ever" like a dog on a bone.

If it's some kind of BS, i will chortle :p

9. necromorph macrumors regular

necromorph

The prices will be exactly the same as the 2011 models :apple:

10. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

Why does the OP think that the only update will be to the screen? If you really chose to believe this then just buy the current iMac and stop crying. Anyway if you want to feel better, see how much things cost in th UK compared to the US.

11. Sebastian85 macrumors newbie

Or in sweden! :p

12. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

Did you read the article or just looked at the pretty pictures? The prices are from the Australian store in Austrlian dollars. The other posters have already pointed out the current prices in the AU store. Australia is a different country and is not part of the US.

13. kitsunestudios macrumors regular

Possibilities:

4k LED LCD (least likely IMHO)

256GB SSD is stock in the 27" instead of CTO. (my hope)

The mobile video card in the top 27" is simply that much more expensive that the 1GB 6970m they used last year. If we're really lucky, that means 7970m in the base 27", and 680m in the top 27". If we're unlucky, it's just the 2GB 7970m costs $100 more than the 2GB 6970m BTO upgrade from last year. (most likely IMHO)