More frustrating Mail problems

Fredstar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
Near London
Just as it appears that my old problem of not being able to connect to our wireless router via Airport has gone an old problem persists with Mail.
Basically i receive Mail perfectly fine and so does mum on her account, but neither of us can send mail - we both have .mac email addresses and accounts. Well it is a bit more complicated, sometimes i can (changing nothing) but most of the time i can't. The firewall on the router is switched off as is any port blocker of any kind and i get various responses:
1)The Mail just sits in the out Box
2)It tries to get me to use a different server other than smtp.mac.com
3)I get the message pictured below
When i do the ping thing in Network utility smtp.mac.com losses all the packages

Attachments

neilrobinson

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2004
Perth, WA, Australia
sounds like a port blocking thing - thou you did say they where all off, i do know some ISP's block people using external STMP servers, other than that i cant really help you.

Fredstar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 3, 2004
Near London
Oh i think i have cracked it, right cheers guys, Wanadoo was blocking every outgoing server apart from their own so i am all sorted now...unless it starts playing up again :rolleyes:

Gee

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2004
London, UK
Fredstar said:
Oh i think i have cracked it, right cheers guys, Wanadoo was blocking every outgoing server apart from their own so i am all sorted now...unless it starts playing up again :rolleyes:
Yeh, in the same situation - I use the wanadoo smtp server when I'm at home, and switch to the .mac server when I'm out and wireless....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.