More fuel for the fire?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by ITguy2016, Nov 19, 2016.

1. ITguy2016 Suspended

This morning I was browsing Craigs List for Mac Pro systems and I noticed something I have not observed in the past: A number of 6,1 Mac Pros are being listed in various configurations. They appear to be ads by different sellers so I do not believe the higher number is related to one company clearing out their inventory. I've seen one or two over the years but not so many at one time.

I wonder if this means these individuals are moving away from the Mac platform. They're capable systems ranging from 4, 6, 8, and 12 core with various memory (several with 64GB) and graphics configurations. This is about the time these systems AppleCare will expire and, with nothing to replace them with, perhaps these sellers are moving on?

2. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 68040

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

What I have seen is that Apple raised prices on the Mac Pro line, so now second hand dealers are buying up cheap 6,1s and pushing up the prices of these used machines. One month ago I could see six cores for less than 2 grand. Now...2.5 grand minimum. Parasitic.

3. ITguy2016 thread starter Suspended

I thought the price on the six core was reasonable but it's higher than the $2.5K you mentioned...so perhaps not. Having said that I have no issues with their buying them to resell.

4. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 68040

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

I mean £ and €!

5. ITguy2016 thread starter Suspended

Ah, I understand now :)