More great Apple customer service

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Crazy Badger, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Crazy Badger macrumors 65816

Crazy Badger

My iP5 died without warning yesterday, displaying tiny white text on the Apple logo boot screen.

Did a little googling, and tried a restore through iTunes but it just wouldn't recognise the phone so book an appointment at the genius bar in Glasgow city centre.

They tried a restore too, but no joy, so explained they could offer me a repair-swap for £209. I asked why it wasn't covered by the EU Sale of Goods Act as it was bought on launch day so was just under 2 years old at which point they said they'd swap it FOC and went through the iPad paperwork.

30 minutes later and I was heading out with a shiny new iP5 :)

Happy days :apple:

2. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

This is one of the reasons why I choose to stick with Apple over any other.

3. JenniferStevens macrumors newbie

I had a similar experience after dropping my iPhone 5s one week after buying it! I was in Boston for work and I walked into the Apple store and the guy at the genius bar replaced it for me on the spot. I couldn't believe it! I thought they were going to charge me and I was freaking out a bit regarding what the cost might be, however he said that the manager agreed to simply give me a new one since it was such a recent purchase and that "accidents happen." I was blown away w/ how helpful they were!

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its nice but would be better if they didn't try to charge you first and then you didn't have to bring up the EU Sale of Goods Act to avoid the replacement fee.;)

5. Tritto macrumors member

Same in Australia, where they're required to honour the warranty for two years, but won't unless you know your rights and specifically ask for an Australian Consumer Law warranty claim. Deceptive rather than great service if you ask me.

6. Crazy Badger thread starter macrumors 65816

Crazy Badger

To be fair, I had considered that both before and since my post, but feel that explaining their corporate position first is perfectly fine.

People should know their consumer rights, and there was no argument when this was raised, which I think is an acceptable approach.

They still have a responsibility to make money after all!

7. thetechfixer macrumors 6502

thetechfixer