More icon pages--PLEASE

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DJ DOUGIE D, Nov 18, 2008.

1. DJ DOUGIE D macrumors newbie

Hi--I am new to this board. Please excuse me if I am asking an already answered question. Why does the itouch have only 9 icon screens? Can they up the number of pages on a software update?
    An upgraded audio enhancement would be great. Does anyone know if there is just a plain old mirror app for the touch---seems that this would be handy.
    Thank you.I absolutely love my itouch.---Doug

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

The mirror app would be to look at a black picture or sleep the screen. Although the nine pages is a software limitation it is unlikely that Apple will ever allow you to have more pages, what they need is a more efficient app launching system.

Also, I consider myself a fairly heavy iPhone user, but how do you have 9 pages of apps? I have two at the moment, but if I loaded all my apps I'd just have five or six.

3. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

1) How would a mirror app work on a touchscreen like the iPhone? I think you misunderstand what the screen is and how it works.

9 pages = 144 badge spots plus 4 more from the default bar. If you have more than 148 apps on your iPod/iPhone at one time, you should work more on managing things.

4. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Jailbreak and get categories app. Then you can have as many apps as your iPhone will hold. Sure, it may take up to 20 minutes to reboot with 2000 apps...:rolleyes: