More iMac memory

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ahoegh, Sep 23, 2007.

1. ahoegh macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

This is my first post ever in a Mac-forum. I've just ordered an iMac, knowing Leopard will be out soon, but also knowing, that I have birthday soon and don't know what to whish fore.

Anyway - I need more memory than one gigabyte, and I would appreciate som advice concerning which kind of memory to choose. As far as I understand, I need DDR2 (or PC2 as some call it) PC5300 SO-DIMM (667 mhz). Is that correct? Will I be able to buy any kind of memory matching theese specs or are there any brands, that I should beware of?

Will there be any problem in adding a 2 gb memory module, so that the iMac will have 1x 1gb + 1x 2gb memory modules?

Thanks in advance.

2. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

Hi there,

Check out this site: http://www.crucial.com/

Other people like other companies, but for me Crucial are top notch.

2GB will be fine, i think. Just follow the on-screen instructions and they'll tell you what will fit.

MA.

3. sndcj1 macrumors member

I personally got...

OWC's Ram which gave me 3 gigs total, for a very nice computing experience.

4. ahoegh thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice. Since I had trouble finding OWC in Denmark, where I live, I ordered some compatible Kingston memory, which I found using their guide. I ordered 2 gigabytes. That seems to be smartest at the moment, where everything requires more and more memory.