More insight into buying Twitter apps? Deciding between Tweetbot, Tweetlogix, Osfoora

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by nobodyhome, Aug 23, 2011.

1. nobodyhome macrumors member

I'm not here to complain, just to gather some extra insight into these apps and hear opinions. Maybe suggestions on other apps not on my radar?

What I'm looking for the app to do is:
    • Able to scroll to the top of a timeline and work my way backwards without losing "unread" marked tweets (i.e. so I know where I left off). Especially useful with breaking news.
    • Won't forget my place in a timeline so when I return I'm not automatically at the top of the list.
    • Reliable to the point where it won't crash, lose data, etc.
    • …and maybe, but not necessary, able to do quick adding of bookmarks to ReadItLater from a quick menu and use the tweet text as the bookmark's title rather than just having a long list of tiny urls.

Those are the biggest pet peeves for me. I usually don't have a lot of time during the day to scroll through a whole timeline, but I also don't want to miss out on old articles/postings.

Any suggestions? Do any of the apps above meet any of those things?

Descriptions and videos only go so far and reviews like, "OMG I love this app!" and nothing more are pretty useless. I read a ton of reviews and watched videos, but still am unsure of the things above.

Appreciate the help! :)

2. TwiceNightly macrumors 6502

TwiceNightly

It's not one of the apps you listed but Twitterrific sounds like it could do what you require, see below...

3. nobodyhome thread starter macrumors member