Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

More iPad 3 Replacement Parts Begin Circulating as Rumors Ramp Up

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Japanese blog Mac Otakara has purchased some of the early iPad 3 parts that have been circulating at online retailers. These parts come from TVC-Mall which also stocked early iPhone 4S parts in the months before its launch. (via Electronista)

The parts are slightly different than the iPad 2 versions of the same parts, but are otherwise unrevealing.

We track parts supplies of upcoming Apple products as it is typically a sign that Apple has begun or is close to manufacturing their new devices. Parts leaks in the past have accurately predicted features of new devices, though these particular internal parts aren't particularly revealing. Cases and device enclosures are typically the most interesting of the early supplier leaks.

Apple is expected to launch the iPad 3 in early 2012. Reports have suggested a launch anywhere from January to April, with more recent reports suggesting an earlier launch. The iPad 3 will likely carry a high resolution "Retina" display as one of its distinguishing features.

Article Link: More iPad 3 Replacement Parts Begin Circulating as Rumors Ramp Up

NutsNGum

macrumors 68030
Jul 30, 2010
Glasgow, Scotland
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

A charger connection?! When will the excitement END?!?

Comment

bb426

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
California
At least I know my iPad 3 charger is slightly more rounded than my iPad 2 charger.

Grow a pear and post pics of something worth being excited over.

Not you arn.

Comment

SandboxGeneral

Moderator emeritus
Sep 8, 2010
Detroit
Gotta love the dramatic music they used in the video. - Looking forward to some real meat to the rumors of what the next iPad will bring.

Comment

LAS.mac

macrumors 6502
May 6, 2009
Mexico
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

If this is unrevealing, does It deserves first page?

Comment

rosalindavenue

macrumors 6502a
Dec 13, 2003
Virginia, USA
This is not an original thought (I read it elsewhere on the forum) but Apple should not release (or even announce) the new ones until 3 months after Christmas, or next Christmas sales will suffer the Osborne effect. I bought my iPad 1 around Christmas last year (knowing full well the 2 was around the corner), by the time iPad 2 was announced on March 2 and sold March 11 I felt I'd had the benefit of it long enough that I had not been "cheated." If you announce a new one in January, lots of new owners will feel ripped off (rightly or wrongly, of course).

Comment

Promerojr

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2011

SandboxGeneral said:
Gotta love the dramatic music they used in the video. - Looking forward to some real meat to the rumors of what the next iPad will bring.

Love the dramatic music. Makes me wonder what picture is gonna come up in the next slide. Then I get disappointed. Lol.

Comment

lavem

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2005
Grow a pear

:D

Last edited:
Comment

HyperX13

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2009

A charger connection?! When will the excitement END?!?

Exactly. This is getting pathetic. Must be slow Apple news day.

Comment

ThisIsNotMe

Suspended
Aug 11, 2008
I don't get why anyone would even suspect that Apple would do a complete overhaul of the dock connector.

Why would Apple needlessly destroy its billion dollar ecosystem just for the sake of change?

If anything, Apple would simply add Thunderbolt to the EXISTING dock connector.

Comment

ASKendrew

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2011
United Kingdom

Exciting stuff!

Comment

ironsienna

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2010
Is it me or the guy that made the video is asking us if the iPad3 connector part in the end is charging?

Thats silly.. It is obviously charging its imaginary hydrogen cell battery using concentrated fart wind.. :p

Last edited:
Comment

liquidrumors

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2009
So lame.. I'm the biggest apple freak on the planet but I'm honestly getting sick of the continual speculation and hype over the next product. Would like to see more articles on the use of the products already in the wild. My iPad bores the crap out of me cuz my iPhone does the same thing. Unless the iPad 3 can do something the iPhone can't i could careless to know what the supposed "upgrade" is going to be.
More user and user idea stories and less speculation ********.. <--- Chinese Censorship in Progress

Comment

polee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
Beware! We may all be disappointed again as it may eventually just be an iPad 2S, instead of iPad 3, with Siri voice recognition...

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.