More iPad2 case designs?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by champ01, Dec 25, 2010.

1. champ01 Guest

2. Piggie, Dec 25, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2010

Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

This isn't looking good.

I really have trouble accepting that Apple would be so monumentally stupid, and shoot themselves in the foot with the press and customers so massively as to not have a flash if they fit a rear facing Camera.

I could see the reviews now, iPad photo taking ability totally worthless indoors due to lack of even the most basic flash unit fitted, despite plenty of space and large battery capacity.

I'm puzzled.

3. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

4. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

I agree with you.

It's not that difficult these days to knock up fake plastic cases to cause heated discussions on forums.

If Apple do fit a rear camera I'm sure they would keep to their normal high standards and make sure it's as good as the one on the current iPhone.

5. monaarts macrumors 65816

I dont understand why everyone thinks the iPad is going to have a USB port…. I HIGHLY doubt it will…. If it has anything, an SD card slot built in would make the most sense.

6. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

For me also.

I have a DSLR and a Compact Camera, both of which use SD cards, so it would be or more use to me.

7. jb007clone macrumors 6502

jb007clone

It's a bit odd that the mystery port is right where the 3g strip would normally go.

8. Nishi100 macrumors 6502a

And the speaker's facing downwards.

9. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

Yeah that's just dumb! Wait, where is the speaker on the original iPad...

10. Jack97 macrumors regular

Jack97

No way, the camera hole is too close to where the top of the decice would be.

11. flyguy206 macrumors 6502a

Fake apple is not going to add another port to the iPad.

12. Nishi100, Dec 26, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2010

Nishi100 macrumors 6502a

I disagree.

The camera, I think, is MUCH more reasonably sized - have you seen how massive the camera holes in the other potential cases are?

Apple are, apparently, having a flat back on iPad 2, with a slight curve near the edges, but not as square as the iPhone 4. Therefore, like the iPod Touch, the camera will sit, comfortably, on the flat bit - not the curved bit.

If you say so, Steve.

13. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

That looks like crap. Apple isn't that stupid. Even if that huge spot was a big flash for the camera would be a waste. Who cares around their iPad for pictures?

Does anyone carry their MacBook around taking pictures? Same thing... So that's why phones are small.

I'd assume only that cheapy cases guess so they can sell more sooner but I'm pretty sure they've been wrong before.

14. Stetrain macrumors 68040

The big area on the back is supposedly the new speaker location, this has shown up in quite a few cases so far.

15. Piggie macrumors 604

Piggie

I wanted to listen to the radio the other day, so I carried my car out with me as it's got a radio in it.

16. jazziethomas macrumors member

Well I've been reading several articles on the iPad gen 2 specs and new features some says it would have usb ports and camera well Mr Steve should give us more hint about it.