More iPhone 4 problems-screen black & buttons won't work?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Imola Ghost, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

I charged my phone all night and received one phone call and noticed that the phone was displaying 100% battery. Sat the phone down and went to use it and the phone was completely unresponsive. I hit the home button several times, I hit the power button several times without any luck. I held down the power button for 10-20 seconds to try and turn it on without any luck there also. I plugged it in to see if it would power up and start recharging without any luck. I held the home & power button down for a little while and finally the apple logo came up on the screen.

Has anyone else experienced this?

2. alakazzam macrumors member

Wow. Did you get any luck after you managed to force the rest or are you still experiencing this problem? I am so glad I did not upgrade my 3gs it seems like there is nothing but problems with the new iPhone.

3. Pattycerts macrumors 6502

What happened after the reset? Probably just froze up

4. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

I've had this happen to me several times on my 3gs with 3.1.2. It's not restricted to new os or device.

5. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

once it restarted it seems fine. I haven't used it yet but I've never had the problem on any of the past iPhones and I've had every iPhone since day one. Not saying it hasn't happened previously to other people it's just that I've never seen it personally or heard about it.

6. nikhsub1 macrumors 68010

nikhsub1

Unfortunately this has happened to me on EVERY generation of iphone... seems like it's the iphone's BSOD :)

7. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

LOL, the problems are only "massive" on message boards where whiners are loudest, my ip4 is fine, thus why you dont hear me crying about it everyday here. The iP4 is a great phone, I feel bad you're missing out! Enjoy your 3GS, still a great phone!

8. stevenrobertt macrumors newbie

My battery wasn't lasting a day on moderate use, so rung Applecare and they recommended putting it on a 16 hours charge, which i did. Now the thing won't even switch on. Tried all the different reset methods but nothing!!

To top it all off apple are saying that they can't send out a replacement for three weeks.