More iphone contacts problems .. PLEASE help!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by eroxx, Feb 13, 2011.

1. eroxx macrumors 6502a

Ok --- The only accounts I have on my iphone are gmail (set up as a gmail account - not an exchange) mobileme (and I ONLY have find my iphone on).

In my MAC address book, I have 330 contacts. Yet when I sync my iphone, and the ONLY thing checked in itunes under contacts is to sync the address book, it adds over 2000+ contacts .... WTF?!?!?!?!?!

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Where are the extra contacts coming from, by this I mean do you see them when you login to your gmail on the web, etc?

3. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

It must be gmail, but I don't understand why they're going there ... makes NO sense. Contacts isn't even listed under the settings options for that account. And in itunes, I checked "replace contacts on my iphone"

4. jenzjen macrumors 68000

I'm confused, as I read your other post as well.

You have gmail set up as exchange with contact sync turned off yet in iTunes you have selected the contact sync box to replace the iPhone contacts.

Deselect those sync options in iTunes and login into your gmail account from a computer, go into contacts and delete the entries you don't need. I suspect you're going to see all your junk contacts here. Once you've cleaned up your gmail contacts on the web then enable the contact sync from the iPhone.

5. deanfx4u macrumors regular

I had a similar problem. I used MobileMe for contact syncing. When I switched iPhones MobileMe added over 30,000 contacts to my phone and they all had the same contact photo. I haven't used MobileMe since. Now I use Google Contacts via Exchange.