More iPhoto Questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jw3571, Sep 6, 2010.

1. jw3571 macrumors regular

So I have moved all of my photos from my pc over to my mac harddrive. When I look for the pictures in Finder it uses Preview to open the pictures. To see them in iPhoto I guess I have to import all of the pictures? Is that correct? If I do this the pics will be on my machine twice?

Now let's say I have new pics on a camera that i'm trying to get on my machine. Is the only way to import into iPhoto or is there a way I can get the pics into my pre-existing folders? Does this make sense?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

To use iPhoto to even just look at them will mean you have to import the photos into iPhoto. During import, the photos get copied, thus duplicated, into iPhoto's library file, named "iPhoto Library" (Macintosh HD / Users / YOU / Photos / iPhoto).

If you use iPhoto to import pictures from the camera, the photos get put into that library file too.

If you are able to see the camera in Finder, you can drag the photos of the flash memory card onto your HDD and organise them yourself.
    Sometimes cameras also come with software to get photos of the memory card, as some cameras are designed not to show up in Finder.