More itunes woes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by samo1215, Oct 26, 2008.

1. samo1215 macrumors member

I am running itunes in winxp under bootcamp. Unfortunately, everytime I download a podcast from the itunes music store it gets filed away as a music file. I have a rather extensive music collection so naturally these files tend to get lost in the shuffle. I can't figure out how to fix this or drag the files to the correct section of my library.

2. jodelli macrumors 65816

jodelli

I don't know about XP but my podcasts in OSX are in a folder 'user'>music>itunes>itunes music>podcasts by themselves.

I know you can do something like this with Windows Explorer (not IE). It's sort of like Mac's Finder.

3. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

I really could care less where iTunes places items in my iTunes Music folder. I access my media through iTunes where everything is categorized and easy to find and let iTunes worry about where the files are actually stored.

Perhaps I am just not understanding why you need to manually organize your iTunes library in Windows Explorer? I can be a bit thick sometimes... :p

4. samo1215 thread starter macrumors member

I do care about where iTunes arranges my music on my hard drive. In this case though, I was talking about where my music and podcasts were be placed within the program myself. Normally in the past if I download a podcast it gets filed under podcast in my itunes library where as regular mp3s get stored under music. Now my podcasts are getting intermingled with my music folder.

I did setup a 3rd partition strictly for my music and inadvertently screwed up my itunes directory structure. If anybody on a PC would be kind enough to take a look at the file structure and tell me how itunes has organized their library (folder and sub-folder names) it would be greatly appreciated.