More - larger Ads?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by CTHarrryH, Dec 1, 2013.

1. CTHarrryH macrumors 65816

It seems to me that recently there are larger and more of the truly intrusive ads in Safari and several other apps. Did I miss some parameter to limit these - I thought Apple used to have some thing to limit ads? Or is there some new ability in IOS7 that makes it easier for companies to put large ads on sites?

It is very annoying and I'm one of those people who never clicks on ads - I may use the info to go to a site independently but never click through.

So have I missed something?

Thanks

2. j4zb4 macrumors 6502a

j4zb4

I feel they are more intrusive too.. Can't figure out why that is... They appear to be the same size to me...

3. dustrho macrumors newbie

dustrho

I've noticed this as well. Never saw these types of ads popping up in my face like they have recently. I don't think it was like this in iOS 6, so it seems fairly new to me.

4. chrfr macrumors 603

I suspect the new ads have nothing to do with iOS 7, but instead are just a new ad format.

5. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

If they are in mobile sites then I don't believe Apple can limit them. iAds are different as they are in apps.

I haven't come across any of these 'huge' ads yet.

6. Orka macrumors regular

Im experiencing much more ads too. In fact i was recently seaching for adblock type feature, unfortunately, they seems to be none.

Fo me that limit ad tracking feature didn't work at all. In fact since Apple introduced it in ios 6 amount of ads has increased, and now it's even more annoying.

7. neilmacd macrumors 6502

It's taken a while for ad agencies to infest the mobile sites like they do the desktop sites. But unfortunately they've now caught up.

At least most can be easily dismissed, the first few iterations caused loads of problems on small touchscreens, now they can be 'x'ed out pretty easily.

8. chrfr macrumors 603

The limit ad tracking feature is working, but it's not an ad blocker. Unfortunately, Mobile Safari's lack of extensibility means that there won't ever be a 3rd part adblocker that works on iOS unless Apple significantly changes how it works.

9. Orka macrumors regular

And what is it supposed to do then?

I was recently browsing Porsche forums now i get ads from several Porsche dealers in Moscow, even here under "sponsored" tag which shows like a post.

Or when was checking for samsung tv prices, i keept seeing samsung promotional banners.

I assume this featere was supposed to defeat these type of ads.

It is not working for me and it never did.

OTOT I clearly see that volume of advertisement has increased singnificantly.