more mac sales after release of win8?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by macmastersam, Oct 27, 2012.

1. macmastersam macrumors 6502a

so windows 8 has just been released yesterday, and from what i have heard people are either not upgrading to windows 8 or getting a mac. I personally don't like the new, 'blocky' UI personally, so i am not going to upgrade my PC to windows 8. Not many big games devs like Notch (minecraft) are really that excited for releasing minecraft for windows 8 too.

I think it looks too tablet-orientated for my big 23" desktop, despite it's touchscreen (read the specs at the bottom :D)

Do you think that more people will switch to mac because of windows 8?

(I know that this thread is in the iMacs section but please tell me if there is a section more appropriate for this.) Thanks!

2. jms969 macrumors 6502

Personally I am switching to win 8. It leaves OSX in the dust...

Of course buying a new machine as well.

3. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

Forcing the masses into a completely different UI may cause some to jump ship, I don't see a real large jump in market share for Apple though.

4. squan macrumors member

Imo, there WAS a possibility for Apple to actually persuade the non-likers to switch to a mac. With some clever advertising and aggressive marketing there certainly was the possibility.

But the expensive and rather uncompetitive (spec-wise) line-up they recently introduced won't do it for most I believe...

Don't get me wrong, I love the new iMac myself, but if I were a Windows user, I'd give Windows 8 a couple of more shots instead of spending some serious cash on the unknown.

Missed opportunity as far as I'm concerned!

5. Caromsoft macrumors regular

Caromsoft

I jumped ship a year ago and having played with Windows 8 I'm glad I did. Some of my clients have been asking me what I think of 8, and I tell them it seems to be either a love or hate thing. I hate it.