More Macbook Pro Problems..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by techlover828, Feb 22, 2009.

1. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

After having my macbook pro replaced three times already, I'm having more issues.

Battery- Only lasts around 30 mins, utility reports only 16% health compared to the original capacity with only 163 cycles.

LCD- around 10 dead pixels in a circle shape in the middle of the screen.

Comedic issues: When received back from previous repair, the front of the computer, above the latch is pushed out. There is also a scratch on the palmrest, again after having this piece replaced by the previous repair. Also, plastic rim around the computer is lifting up on the left side.

Do you think after all these issues they'd just give me a new computer, I'm getting really really tired of all these repairs. I'm also afraid the the problematic video card is going to crap out. I'm going to bring it in soon, or have my dad bring it in, and we'll see what happens. Just trying to get your experiences with getting a repair. Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

2. liquidtrend macrumors 6502

liquidtrend

isnt there some kind of unspoken agreement that if youve had a distinguishable problem for X amount of times, that applecare will just replace the entire unit?

i have never had a problem with my unit before, so i am not sure of the "rules", but there are many examples throughout the threads that explain said "agreement"...

maybe it would include a secret handshake?

3. Markov macrumors 6502

Markov

I think you're entitled to a new unit. Go to the Genius Bar and explain the issues you have been having. Talk to the manager and tell him or her that the repairs are a temporary fix, and every time it's returned, there is a new problem. Tell the manager that the repair team fixes the current issue while making a new one and that you're very sick of it.

Hopefully they will have some sympathy and replace it. I saw that it is 20 months old, do you have Apple Care? If not, I doubt they'll replace it.

4. techlover828 thread starter macrumors 68020

techlover828

I do have applecare, and I do hope that they replace it.

5. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Having just received a full-refund (February 19, '09) for my 7 month-old MBAir, after three repairs for kernel panic, overheating and fan running 24/7 issues. I've attached the back of my repair order and it was very explicit about California Consumers and that's what applied to me, but I think "the Electronics Lemon Law" requires replacement or refund after a reasonable amount of repairs/attempts at repairs, with a reasonable charge for usage. I dealt with the Store Manager at the Apple Store that I bought my MBAir from in August '08 and it would seem that he was well trained and well versed in the art of offering a replacement or refund. So, from my experience, I would recommend asking to speak with the Store Manager and resolve it within the store or fill out the online survey after your Genius Bar visit or ask the Store Manager for his/her business card. Contact 1-800-APL-CARE or ask for the Customer Relations phone number or email address...

Attached Files: