More Macbook sleep problems...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by originalcliche, Jan 17, 2008.

1. originalcliche macrumors member

Ok before I had a problem where I would put my macbook to sleep and it wouldnt wake up. Now it wakes up. But now when it wakes up, it no longer emits sound. Nor will it play midi with either Reason 4 or Logic Pro 8. The midi controller which is plugged in via usb, wont be recongized even though its blue power light is on. Anyone else have this problem? Also I cant shut down after bringing it back from sleep. It just keep the screen on likes its going to shut down it just never does. So i have to hold down the power button until it turns it self off everytime. Is this a fixable problem or should i take the macbook in to be fixed. Its bought in novemeber of 2007, the new 2.2 Sr Macbook. 2 GB of ram.

Thanks in advance for the help..

Chris

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Disconnect all peripherals (especially the controller) and see if it still happens. If so, try resetting the SMC. :)

3. originalcliche thread starter macrumors member

Thanks , I'll try that out

Also does anyone know if there is an option that you can choose so that when you close the lid the macbook does NOT go to sleep? I'd rather have the thing not collecting dust while im at work and not have to power down.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You can wake it up using a peripheral such as a keyboard or mouse when the lid is closed.