Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyelight

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2004
My mail problems of last week seem to have sorted themselves out ( Mail was continually downloading e-mails from the server,again and again )
But I now have a new Mail problem. I'm consrtantly getting the message

The POP server “mail.*******.com” rejected the password for user

Please re-enter your password, or cancel.

No matter how many times I re-enter my password and ask it to remember it in my keychain, up it pops from the dock every 15 minutes or so. If I click cancel, then it takes Mail offline. Interestingly I've noticed that this isn't happening if the Mail window is open on the desktop.

Any ideas ?

Someone, responding to my last Mail problem, sugested deleting the Mail PLIST. Would this remove all the e-mails in my inbox and other mail in various folders ?

Thanks for any help.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Removing the PLIST file will lose your account settings and your other customised Mail preferences, but won't lose your emails. However, I don't think it'd help. I had the same problem a while back, tried everything I could think of to fix it and eventually rang my ISP (who is my email provider too) and they told me it was a problem their end. Other people, using different email clients, were having the same issues. It eventually subsided. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.