more memory, worth it for me?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wclement7, Jun 1, 2009.

1. wclement7 macrumors newbie

hello all,

quick question. I recently got a job with a local sign shop. Now that I am fully using my macbook pro and my adobe suite to it's fullest, I am wondering if more memory will speed up my work flow?

I mostly use photoshop and illustrator cs4.
    lots and lots of network usage (if that matters)
    files in both programs can run between 1 meg to hundreds upon hundreds of megs.

I know i can only run 4 gigs, i have the 2.4ghz processor, and currently have 2 gig of ram.

thanks for any advice :)

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

RAM is usually one of the cheapest and best upgrades you can make for a computer. I don't think it would hurt at all. If you can afford it you should certainly consider it.

3. jeevesofRKdia macrumors member

Just bought my upgrade 2 weeks ago, it cost me about $70 for a 4GB upgrade (from 2 to 4, as I'm in the same boat as you)

Haven't had time to install it (it was in repair for a graphics LCD issue, I've been out of town, etc.) but I'd think that it would only help, especially if you run bootcamp and/or W7.

Incidentally, I also got a 512mb to 2GB upgrade for my iMac, and it works a lot more smoothly now.

4. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

If you're working with any version of Creative Suite, it's always a good idea to get the most RAM and it will be beneficial for you.