More Metallic Cases & Reception

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Rooskibar03, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Does anyone have one of these Metallic series cases? I just got mine and maybe its just me but I swear it kills my cell and wifi signal.

Anyone else issues or is this just all tied to the mess ATT has made of the network with tomorrows impending doom?

2. ihonda macrumors 68000

i hope tomorrow isnt doom for att.. fml its gonna suck.

reguarding your case, it has to be in your mind, honestly.. bc from what i understand there isnt enough metallic to mess with the antenna

3. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

It's not in your mind. The same thing happened to me. I'd go from 5 bars to 2 or even no signal at all as soon as I put those metallic cases on. I googled it and found several people with the same problem. I'm on T-Mobile so it definitely has nothing to do with AT&T issues (also this was months ago). It's too bad this isn't more well known.

Here's a link with reviews for metallic cases where many people complained of poor reception, and a thread from macrumors...

http://www.more-thing.com/eternity-collection-incl-mirror-protector.html (click on reviews)
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=626969

4. Rooskibar03 thread starter macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Wish I had read those before I ordered this. WiFi is worthless with this case, and my cell signal is crap. Guess its over to the Apple Store for something new.

5. cretony38 macrumors member

cretony38

Apple put on a plastic body on 3G

Aple seemed to discover the same and removed the Alumin back on iPhones.

6. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I have no probs getting full wifi or edge with my 1G iPhone.. there is a black plastic bottom.