More network connectivity problems.....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TysVol, Aug 30, 2009.

1. TysVol macrumors newbie

My touch dropped the network. I've had no success reconnecting when I enter my network password(" unable to join the network"). I have also tried manually entering the SSID info(choose another network), resetting the network settings, resetting all settings, restoring the ipod, and erasing the ipod. I have also reset the linksys router. The genius bar thought my data might be corrupt and to set up as a new ipod after restore. That didn't work either. This is a 2nd gen and another touch is working fine on the same network. Ideas?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Sounds like there might be hardware problems - if a restore didn't fix it.

Take it back to the genius bar.

3. TysVol thread starter macrumors newbie

I had this same problem a few months ago and they replaced that ipod. Because of that, they say it must a problem with my network. If so, how can I find out what the settings should be? What band and freq does ipod use?

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

It uses Wifi - either b or g band @ 2.4GHz.

The channel and actual network settings will depend on your router's settings.

5. TysVol thread starter macrumors newbie

It worked!! I set the router for g band only at 2.4 ghz and added the address to the MAC filter to allow and now everything is back to normal. Thanks!!!
    I've been messing with this for days..

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

The MAC filter was the problem. If the network was filtering, then there was no way it would connect without the iPod's MAC address on the allow list.