More O2 iPhones For Order Tomorrow???!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Monty Pavement, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Monty Pavement macrumors regular

In the aftermath of Monday's fun and games, O2 said they were suspending orders to take stock of how many iphones they had, and would be opening online ordering again on Thursday.

However, since then, there's been notifications of extreme shortages in the UK.

I know the online and shop stocks are separate, so is it possible that O2 may put more stock online for ordering tomorrow?

Will we get another chance to sit for 5 hours at our Macs furiously clicking 'Reload'?

I suspect it'll be more likely that they will open orders again for delivery within the next four weeks - but then there haven't been any tales of O2 cancelling online orders, so who knows?

2. chrisblore macrumors regular

It looks as though there may not be any more stock available tomorrow either now. If you click through the upgrade links on the O2 site, a message is displayed saying: "Due to high demand for iPhone 3G, we're currently out of stock online. Come back on 14th July for more information". :eek:

This is worrying news, especially for those of us that have lives to lead and have to work rather than hang around on a Friday waiting for O2 to finally let us get our hands on the damn thing.

So much for the pre-registration to "reserve your iPhone 3G" as we were promised eh :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

3. GR33NIE macrumors 6502

Cant see there being anymore available myself, the demand has been so so big by the sounds of it, never know though those that haven't yet ordered might be in luck ;)

4. geeb macrumors regular

Check when O2 were getting their twice weekly consignments and maybe it will correlate.

5. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

14th July?? Wow.. thats next monday!

Interestingly, I can't view any of the iPhone 3G banners/images on the O2 website... there are just placeholders there..

I guess they are changing those to reflect the new date (they originally said 10th July)

6. shrewsburywolf macrumors regular

shrewsburywolf

Is it just me or is the main image for the iPhone not displaying on any pages on o2.co.uk?

Edit: Not just me then!

7. Monty Pavement thread starter macrumors regular

Hmmmm ... the iPhone image on the O2 page isn't loading for me either.

Are they loading up a new one to say they've secured another bizillion 16Gb iphones? Or reopening ordering for delivery in the next month or so??!?

Is this what we've been reduced to? Speculating on banner graphics on corporate web pages?

8. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

I think, worryingly, O2 are indeed setting up to make pre-ordering available again, either later night, or tomorrow morning.

I wish they'd put the surplus stock in-stores for Friday, and not keep making it readily available online.

That is where it's 'really' needed, it seems. :rolleyes:

R-Fly

9. Aravintht macrumors 6502a

They best sort out people who have ordered already first! im still on 'in progress'

10. chrisblore macrumors regular

It's really needed to fulfil all those (like myself :p ) who pre-registered their interest and were told this would reserve them a phone. I know the demand has been explained by the company bigwigs to be far in excess of supply but there are many, many people who wasted a lot of time on Monday trying to order from their flawed online upgrade system and were locked out. Some of us have to work on Friday and cannot afford to waste another day just to be told someone's dropped the ball, either at Apple in not supplying enough or once again, at O2 who couldn't run a pi$$ up in a brewery. Rant over. :eek: