More on ipad Memory Decision

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by fidz, May 29, 2011.

1. fidz macrumors newbie

I know this topic has been around for awhile. But to help me in my decision as to how much memory to get with my iPad 2 purchase, I was wondering if any of you regret the memory storage decision you made with your iPad and why.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

More is better! Simple

3. Ashwood11, May 29, 2011
    Last edited: May 29, 2011

Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

I purchased a 32 Gb model and one year later still have 23.1 Gb available. If I were to buy another I would not hesitate to buy a 16 Gb model.

4. class77 macrumors 6502a

class77

I've had 2 32 Gig iPads and unless you want a bunch of full length movies, I think it's the perfect size

5. RodThePlod macrumors 6502a

RodThePlod

I have the 64 - and used to keep it full almost to the brim with movies and stuff. To be honest, though - I watched a few of them at the beginning but after a while, the 'novelty' of carrying around all those movies wears off.

Plus - my backup/sync times were crazy long :eek: so I decided to remove all the movies and, as I'm looking at it now, my iPad is only using 24GB of that 64. And syncing is much more bearable ;)

TBH I think one of the later iOS updates has addressed excessive backup times, but either way, I'm trying my best to not use the space just because it's there.

Go for the 32 :D

RTP.

6. iPutz macrumors member

Yes I regret getting only 16gb. Wish I could take to Apple and have them install another 16.

7. m.fuller macrumors newbie

Recently picked up an 64gb iPad2. I have a 16Gb iPhone4 and its way to small, although I think 32gb would be plenty for most users myself included but 16 is just not enough, when you factor in music, podcast, apps, photos etc it adds up quickly, atleast with the 64gb i dont have to be so restrictive as to what i store on it.

But I wouldnt buy the 16gb, and would be very happy with the 32Gb, 64gb is just 'nice' to have I guess.

8. SA22C macrumors regular

I'm constantly bumping up against the storage limit on my 16GB iPhone, so I ordered the 32 GB iPad and don't expect to have much trouble with that size. I think it's the 'sweet spot' of storage in the lineup.

9. bufffilm Suspended

bufffilm

you have to know what you be using the ipad for and what what your usage pattern/needs are.

i have the wi-fi only version, but knew that i wouldn't have a lot of wi-fi options at home so dropbox, cloud storage, or streaming content was not a good fit for me. even though i don't install many apps or games, i wanted to load it up with my ebooks and pdfs, plus still have enough storage for a decent number of movies so that i could leave the laptop at home when on short trips, etc. i keep my music on my ipod (16gb).

with all that plus the fact that i plan to skip the next ipad release, it wasn't hard to justify paying an extra $100 to get a 32gb version. had i bought a 16gb version, i would have had to monitor and manage the stuff i load on it a lot more. also don't have to worry about ios5 and how much disk space it might need.