More on MacBook Pro Retina Scrolling Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sa7078, Jul 5, 2012.

1. sa7078 macrumors newbie

I've been reading all the comments in these forums and the review on AnandTech.com and thought I'd stop by my local NYC Apple store to check it out just from the user experience standpoint. No FPS checkers, etc. -- just how it felt.

I played around with resolution settings (including the 1920 X 1050 setting) and turned on and off the integrated card.

There is a bit of choppiness to the scrolling on complex sites like The Verge at all settings and is a bit more noticeable at the 1920X1050 setting.

Perhaps one of the best indicators is the scroll bar on the right side of the Safari window. On other Macs, it just glides up and down. On the MBPr, it kinda skips up and down on the complex sites. Even on the Best for Retina setting, NYTimes.com isn't as buttery smooth as other Macs.

It's not all unusable and I might not have been too conscious of it if I hadn't read about it here but for a $3K computer to perform worse than an iPad or MacBook Air in any respect is something I can see would bother people.

It will be interesting to see if Mountain Lion truly helps.

2. macjolt macrumors member

<rant>
    Do we seriously need another thread on this?

Yes, if you are looking for it, there is choppiness on some sites.
    No, it doesn't happen on every site.
    No, it doesn't completely ruin the experience of using a rMBP.
    Yes, the update for Lion helps a little.
    No, we don't need another thread on this. Put your .02 in one of the other threads already created.
    </rant>