More OS X Software...

G

guest

Guest
Hey, anyone notice the Application Menu has made a reappearance at the top right in those Illustrator screenshots? Is that a 10.1 thang, or what? I hope it is... I don't know what kind of crack they were smoking when they got rid of _that_...
 

john123

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2001
2,483
1,231
nope

Originally posted by guest
Hey, anyone notice the Application Menu has made a reappearance at the top right in those Illustrator screenshots? Is that a 10.1 thang, or what? I hope it is... I don't know what kind of crack they were smoking when they got rid of _that_...
It's not a 10.1 thing -- at least not as of 5F24. There are some third-party apps you can get that re-add the application menu...
 

serpicolugnut

macrumors member
Jun 13, 2001
47
0
Atlanta, GA
It's ASM, as in Application Switcher Menu. It's a free utility that works great. Check it out at versiontracker.com.

I wish Apple would add it back to OS X, but they aren't going to. They feel it conflicts with trying to get users to use the dock as a switcher...
 
G

guest

Guest
B&W for OS X?

Any word on whether Black&White will run on OS X? Nothing at that link confirms or denies it (it just says "8.6 or higher"). Is it Carbon, or not?
 

Kela

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2001
287
0
US
MY POST WAS DELETED!!!

I badmouthed BLACK AND WHITE AND the Sysops deleted my POST!! WHY I DEMAND TO KNOW WHY!!
 
P

Pants

Guest
Re: MY POST WAS DELETED!!!

Originally posted by Kela
I badmouthed BLACK AND WHITE AND the Sysops deleted my POST!! WHY I DEMAND TO KNOW WHY!!
because you are a fool?

 

Kela

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2001
287
0
US
ok.

okkkaayy....its like.........um, a guest is like telling me that "moi" is a fool? don't go there girlfriend.
 
P

Pants

Guest
Re: ok.

Originally posted by Kela
okkkaayy....its like.........um, a guest is like telling me that "moi" is a fool? don't go there girlfriend.

oh whys that baby? is it because its true?

I mean, you do seem to have a habit of 'posting first thinking later'.


 
G

guest

Guest
Originally posted by serpicolugnut
It's ASM, as in Application Switcher Menu. It's a free utility that works great. Check it out at versiontracker.com.
Cool, thx for the link, I'll try this out.

I wish Apple would add it back to OS X, but they aren't going to. They feel it conflicts with trying to get users to use the dock as a switcher...
Typical Apple boneheadedness :p. Users should be able to use what they want, especially for such a distinctively useful UI element as this one. Ahh well...
 

Stryker

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2001
33
0
What OS9 Extensions Are NOT Needed in OS X classic mode?

Can someone please explain how the whole classic thing REALLY works? I.E., if I use NetBarrier and Norton Antivirus and TechTools Pro extensions, etc. in OS9, do I need them under Classic mode in OSX? Will they even work? Does OSX's firewall, for example, make NetBarrier unnecessary or do I still need it to protect Classic side? I am trying to learn how Classic truly interacts with OS X.