More people browse this forum than the iPhone forum!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by odds, Apr 19, 2015.

1. odds macrumors 6502

Well guys, the excitement and appeal is continuing to grow. When I first started visiting this forum (Apple Watch section of MacRumors Forums) back in September after the product was announced, I noticed that only ~30-100 people were browsing with me during any given time during the 7AM-11PM PST window.

Right now, over 800 people are browsing this forum. There are more people browsing this forum than there are browsing the iPhone forum!

What does this mean for Apple Watch's popularity, generally speaking? Will the Apple Watch be a "halo" device for Apple that rounds up and converts users from other platforms (Windows Phone and Android)?

What do you guys think about the quickly spiking interest in Apple Watch? Will it continue to surge and grow or will it be short-lived and fade as the device makes it into the hands of millions..

Thoughts?

2. JohnApples macrumors 65816

Well, we are entering launch week, and Launch Day is fast approaching. No surprise why this forum is picking up interest. Just wait until the watches ship out, the night before release, and then Launch Day!

Since this is a brand new product, I can imagine this board being quite populated for a while after release, especially since some people won't get theirs until June or later. Eventually, though, the surge will subside and it will be just like the iPhone board!

3. odds thread starter macrumors 6502

You think this board and the iPhone board will be neck-and-neck with regards to traffic after things have died down?

4. JohnApples macrumors 65816

It's tough to say. It could see less traffic, as only a fraction of iPhone users will have a Watch. On the other hand, it could see much more traffic for a while, since it's a brand new device and there will be a lot to discover about it.

Honestly I don't know which is more likely, but I think it's safe to say it won't die down for quite a bit!

5. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I bet the iPhone side will have more, like usual.

6. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

A lot of people are here now who are not regular Mac Rumors posters.

They come for launches, and hang out. They will hang for a while after they get their toy to complain. This goes on until they are exhausted. Then they leave and won't return until the next cylcle. This pattern continues until:

1) they are broke
    2) they are dead.

:)

7. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Well it's a Sunday, and most of us are waiting obsessively for our orders to update, so browse this forum to kill time.

iPhone forums are this busy on any regular day.

8. Appl3FTW macrumors 601

Appl3FTW

Wait till September... I'm at the iphone forum by then haha. Bottom line is I'm here because of the watch, when iPhone 6s plus is coming oh better believe I'll be on the iPhone forum.

9. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Story of my day lol

10. AdonisSMU, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015

AdonisSMU macrumors 603

That sounds about right. I think itll die down after awhile but we'll see. Seems like the watch will be more popular than the iPad. The watch offers up new functionality the iPad doesnt.

11. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

What I don't understand is why the iPhone forum is so populated at this time of the year. The next iPhone is 6 months away and the latest iPhone is 6 months old. What are they discussing over there?

12. Runt888 macrumors 6502a

Being broke won't stop them from complaining ;)

13. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

14. DC Wallaby macrumors regular

Is this a response/spoof of the guy the other day who posted a thread about how the Apple Watch was a flop for no other reason than because the iPhone forum was getting more views at the time the OP of that thread logged on?

Because that would be hilarious.

As for the high interest in the Watch, everyone is desperate for more information about shipping. It's no surprise that this new device would be drawing a lot of eyes to this forum, especially right before we start getting shipping information (hopefully).

15. cai4651 macrumors newbie

Hi! I am one of the new guys. I like to read about new tech and gadgets, abd the Watch looks very nice!! . but i'm not buying the watch. I have an iphone 5 and galaxy s5. But here, i am from Argentina, we pay 2 times the price , so ... no way that people here will pay that for a watch, and is worst if you have to upgrade your iPhone.
    But i travel often to the us so maybe i could try it ( going by september:) ), i already own a garmin forerunner for running and i use an ipod nano for music, but i will give it a shot . Maybe next gen if they add standalone gps , that could be great.
    nice to read you,

Hernan