More people reading about iPhone than Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by macguy360, Apr 15, 2015.

1. macguy360 macrumors 6502a

Just looking at statistics from Macrumors, there are more people interested in iPhone related discussion than in the Apple Watch! 848 vs 649 to be exact currently.

Considering the Apple Watch is the newest gadget from Apple and the iPhone is old hat, it is kind of interesting that there isn't more people viewing Apple Watch discussion stuff. Maybe the people that discussed the watch losing momentum are correct. The whole 2 week from pre-order to delivery + no indication on future availability in store might be causing increased disinterest among hardcore fans.

2. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Wait until next week #

3. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

During pre-orders I think it hit close to 3k users

4. JohnApples macrumors 65816

It's only because we're in that dreadful period- the week before release week. Preorders are done and over with. We already know just about everything there is to know about the Watch. Most of us have already tried it on in-store.

Continuing to talk about it, especially when there's no real new info, just makes the wait worse!

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The iPhone 6 has been in people's hands since Oct of last year. There is a lot to discuss especially about the iPhone 6S for this year.

The Apple watch isn't even officially available anywhere and most of the initial questions most of us had have already been answered.

If you noticed lately most threads are more about Try-on experiences, deciding to order or not and shipping dates. There isn't much else to discuss.

6. campingsk8er macrumors 6502

I thought that I was the only one who paid attention to that. It honestly just depends on the time of day because a lot of the times I'm on here, theres like 700 people on the iPhone thread and like 750 on the Apple Watch thread. I think another "problem" with the Apple Watch in general is the the Apple Watch is limited to the iPhone (I'm not saying it should be open to other devices, I'm just saying it limits the market which is totally okay). For iPhones, anybody is essentially in the market for one so in theory, its totally acceptable for there to be more people in that thread.

7. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

It fluctuates. Sometimes Apple Watch has more viewers.

8. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Some of you people just aren't happy unless you're spreading FUD huh....... Sad.

9. sterl320 macrumors 6502

There's always a lot of people in the iPhone section of the forum. duh.

10. badazz33 macrumors 6502a

badazz33

WHOOOOOOO CARRRREEEESSSSSSSS...:apple:

11. badazz33 macrumors 6502a

badazz33

and this is coming from someone who ordered a watch.... :) i got mine coming 4/24 - 5/8

12. whatos macrumors 6502a

My guess is after about eight months the demand will reflect the popularity. It may very turn out to be a bit of a slow seller since it requires an iPhone. Yet solely based on the huge number of iPhone 5 and higher models in service, that alone may be enough to sell a quantity of watches that satisfies Apple.

13. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

The watch offers the most to iPhone 5 user I think, since it does not have M7 chip nor touch ID/NFC, Watch would make it very convenient and arguably iPhone 5 users with the watch can hold out longer before upgrading the phone :)

14. Esoom macrumors 6502

Esoom

Maybe, just maybe, since the watch will only work with an iPhone, and a subset of phone owners will buy the watch, there are less pageviews for the watch. You know, like math and statistics and numbers and stuff?