more portable device?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by floling, Jan 7, 2015.

1. floling macrumors member

I'm an Apple user for a long time, using an iMac, MacBookPro, an iPad mini 2 (which i absolutly love - perfect size, perfect performamce) and the 4th iPhone (3g, 4, 4s, 5c)
    when the transition to the 4" display was made i was a little sceptical, now i'm happy with the 4", just giving you the little more than before.
    But 3.5" was enough space for me, when dealing with the standard things you do on a phone. beside this i think the iphone 4 and 4s were the prettiest iphones ever made.
    I understand the demand on larger sized iPhones, since everybody is using their phones to watch videos, browse the web or read books on their device.
    Since i have an iPad for that, i'd request a telephone, that is simpler and smaller in it's form factor, but still gives me the benefits of a smartphone from apple.
    I'm not looking for a device that replaces my other things, i'm looking for a handy device that fits in my pocket, is usable with one hand, but gives me a phone, a messenger and the oportunity to browse the web along with brand new hardware, connectivity standards (as of LTE, fast wifi and the lightning port, which i adore)

I'm pretty much asking for a small phone that's not for people who want to show (off) their stuff to lots of people, i'm requesting a personal small device, that fits in my pocket and hand and is a simple smartphone for those who like to use their phone primarily as a phone!
    and i think i'm not alone!

cheers
    floling

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

You may not be alone but in a small minority as very few people still want a 3.5" phone. The trend is bigger as you know.

Apple may bring back something but I doubt it will be 3.5".

3. Chatter macrumors 6502a

I dont understand. You know your options with Apple if you want nothing bigger than 4". Are you asking for non-Apple options? If so, try a cheap Nokia Lumia - great for the price. Or get the Fire phone unlocked with 1 year of free prime for <$200.

4. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

You just want a basic phone, as you do most things on your iPad and computer. The vast majority of phones these days have the capability to get online and use social media etc, so why not buy a small and significantly cheaper one from another brand?

5. floling thread starter macrumors member

i'm not looking for another brand since i sync all my devices. i like to have my calender with me since i'm not carrying around my ipad or macbook every day. there must be some people who want to be portable, are happy with a normal sized display, and not a flat screen TV...

6. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

If I were you I would be checking out ebay and CList for a new 5C or 5S.

7. floling thread starter macrumors member

i own a 5c. but how long will it take, till i want a new one, with better performance but without the benefit of a large display that i don't nesseserily need?

8. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Unless Apple continues with a small phone, you have few choices.