More premium feeling case suggestions?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AppleTech22, Jan 14, 2013.

1. AppleTech22 macrumors 6502

I've been doing a lot of browsing on the forums and researching online, but I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I'm looking for a case for the iPhone 5 that has a good feel and medium to good protection. I don't want and bumper and I'm looking in the range of 30-60 bucks. The main materials I want are matte plastics/rubbers and/or metal. Anything that you think looks sleek and you like please let me know!

Thank you

2. j.dstasio macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

A bit under your price point, but check out the Slim Armor from Spigen. It's a nice looking case that fits well & does offer some protection. I'm very happy with mine.

3. Philscbx macrumors regular

Philscbx

That's a Smart Design in every way.
    Carbon Fiber doesn't need to be real - where as simulated rubberized look off carbon fiber creates a unique grip that feels better.

There's one issue with real carbon fiber - it's truly conductive - low voltage will conduct just like carbon motor brushes.

I had a very odd very hot micro fire on the desk one day messing around with gauge pods of carbon fiber shells.
    The smell alone could send one to 911.
    Never assume it's just plastic - with live 12v test leads that can easily come into contact testing gadgets.
    It simply blows your mind - when it's not logical for plastic to burst into flames.

4. AppleTech22 thread starter macrumors 6502