More printing issues not answered

Discussion in 'macOS' started by nm2008, Mar 2, 2008.

1. nm2008 macrumors newbie

Apologize for another topic on printing but I did not find a solution in the emails I researched on the forum.

After I installed Leopard on my macbook, the HP photosmart 8050 printer worked via USB. But then I installed the driver on my windows based desktop and either that messed it up or a software update on the macbook but now the printer does not work. I uninstalled the desktop driver thinking that the macbook will automatically refresh, had the macbook's hard drive reformatted and leopard reinstalled and even updated the software last night but I cannot even see the list of printers/drivers in the system preferences -> printers & faxes. I have emailed HP but have not heard yet.

Any solutions/suggestions?
    Thanks!

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Please don't do that again. Reformatting your hard drive is a rare remedy for massively damaged filesystems. I have never done it on MacOS X, and rarely before that. Leopard has rendered some print drivers obsolete. This is hardly a problem worthy of wiping your computer. You simply need to install an updated driver. For the latest driver for the HP Photosmart 8050 is available here.

3. nm2008 thread starter macrumors newbie

The link only has downloads for tiger or earlier versions of OS, not leopard. Is there any other place to download the driver for leopard? I had a family pack which is now with my brother so I can't do it from the CD right now.

4. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

Looks like it has leopard drivers to me: