More Professional

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MarkieMark92, Apr 9, 2015.

1. MarkieMark92 macrumors regular

Dec 17, 2013
    London, UK
    I was all set on buying the Space Grey Aluminium Watch but the more I look the more I think maybe the Aluminium. I am going into an accountancy profession so I don't want it too stand completely out but want something slightly different. Which do you think? :) and also I want to swap the band at some point I think so I want one which I could do that too.
  2. Cabby macrumors regular

Jun 28, 2010
    I think I wouldn't have hired you if coherently getting a written thought across was a required skill. Good Luck with the new job! :apple:
  3. Payton macrumors regular

Nov 23, 2006
    Portland, OR
    Go try them on this weekend and decide for yourself. That's what the try-ons are for.
  4. KPOM macrumors G5

Oct 23, 2010
    The Stainless Steel would look more professional and be more versatile since it would go better with the leather bands and the Milanese Loop.
  5. tgara Suspended

Jul 17, 2012
    Somewhere in the Delta Quadrant
    Any of the darker bands will be fine with any of the Watch models. Just steer clear of lime green.
  6. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Jan 27, 2007
    The lack of decision making skills and self confidence is a red flag too.
  7. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

Mar 18, 2011
    Remove the word "Apple" from your thought and say it out loud to yourself.

Essentially, you're saying, "I wanted to buy a grey watch, but I'm concerned it's too flashy for an accountant, so I'll get a silver one."

Do you really think anyone cares about the subtle difference in finish of either watch you wear - no matter what profession?

I'm absolutely gobsmacked at the obsessive concern of what others think or that these small things matter in the grand scheme of things.
  8. matthew23 macrumors 6502

Aug 27, 2010
    Cut him a break. There are tons of people on these forums that are not decided. I'm a professional as well and still am undecided between the SS and aluminium.
  9. CharlieCat666 macrumors regular

Mar 13, 2015
    Minneapolis, MN
    SS is more versatile than the Sport by far. You can get a Classic Buckle or something for work and then a colorful sport band for professional settings.

With the sport, you're stuck with just the sport band (and maybe a leather loop :p)

Check out that other thread with the drill on the sapphire glass if you need help justifying the price.
  10. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

Sep 17, 2012

That's what changed my mind and tipped the odds in favor of SS for me. After the reviews I was going for the Sport but this will be my everyday watch so that makes durability a deciding factor.